Thursday, December 09, 2010

Fairytales. I often wonder what they were meant to do.

Trying to let children figure out the morale of the story? That never happens, the adults seem to love spoiling the story.

But anyways, watched the tale of the long hair-ed princess during my chalet! Instead of feeling magical, mystified and all those positive emotions, I felt that reality is far harsher than fairytales could provide.

Bitter? Maybe. Though I have to admit that the simplification of the life in fairytales might be really just to entertain the children.

Personally, the more I watch, the more I wish that the world was so simple. Everything and everyone is so straightforward. Everyone you see only has a basic purpose, and all of their actions are justified by it.

Nevertheless, I just hope that my life could be like a fairytale. Sweet and lovely openings, harsh storyline in the middle, happy endings.

If only life was this simple, I would probably gladly accept my sufferings.

No comments: