Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The past few days has been an eye opener. Rather than a "interesting look to a new world" kind of thing, it was actually a forced "open your eyes now, ignorant" experience. For the past many years, I was contend with not knowing about the world. Current affairs, government policies, changes in the real world. I didn't need to know them. And so I did not know them. However, with the recent events where suddenly everything is relevant, everything needs to be known. I can't help but feel that the sudden cultural change is overbearing. I can't seem to adapt to these new circumstances when in the past I could cruise such things easily. Have I become weaker? Or has the competition thinned to such an extent that every other person is at least as good as me? How then, am I supposed to survive?

No comments: