Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oh, I just realised I forgot to add the last part to my previous post! No wonder it felt like something was missing and so short.

So I shall continue here.

As I was saying, grduges are but a form of self-defense. It lies within us, it comes naturally, and always trying to be forgiving is hard because it goes against our very own natural instinct.

People often dislike other fellow human being that always seem to bear grudges. To them, remembering such an old event and digging it up to use in situations unfavorable to them is ridicuously cheap.

Because it works.

Then again, while personally I don't really like people who bear grudges either, we often fail to see that sometimes, it is we ourselves that are unable to let go of things. We ostracize them, saying that they suck cause they always bear grudges but in truth, if we were that nice, and forgiving, why ostracize them to begin with?

Its just frustrating to see people who claim to be all good and mighty go against their own idealistic behavior. And what's better is, they often don't know they do that. They assume they have the power of mass majority and are able to carry on. I wonder if they really know, what, in the end, bearing these grudges themselves, will do to them.

Then again, it was never their own fault to begin with. After all, everyone agreed didn't they?

No comments: