Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wedding Dinner

Yesterday night, i was at grand plaza park hotel
attending the wedding dinner of the my cousin which i forgot his name
well stepping inside the hotel, it felt like a high class hotel of at least 4 stars
went to the grand ballroom and saw all the aunties chatting loudly
the air con was very cold i was freezing...
the dinner started at 8.30 pm, and i was hungry...
relived to see the first dish and within 2minutes
everything on the plate, including the decorations of it
were in the stomaches of 1 of the 10 of us
we were the fastest in terms of speed
the first dish, oftenly known as the 'cold plate'
was very delicious, but there is 1 problem, the chopsticks
are so !@#$% slippery that is was almost impossible to take any food up
especially the food in the 'cold plate' as
there were fried food which was oily, jellyfish, which was slippery
mayonise prawns and fruits were were impossible to take
for the 8 of us among the 10 that was sitting.
i was the youngest among the 10 and the next person closest to my age
is 33 this year... so i was oftenly referred to a small boy which didn't
suit me very well. since it was a wedding dinner, and my table were full of adults
its no surprise that half of them was drinking wine.
so well, i drank some too. and it was red wine.
my whole family are bad drinkers and the guys of my family
had the heredity thingy of getting very red in the face
whenever we drink alchohol, no matter the amount
well, my cousins pushed a cup to my mum and she said we 'share'
then i sipped slowly every now and then until 3/4 of the wine
was in my stomach... my mum couldn't drink...
and i was feeling ok, as alchohol increases blood circulation
and hence my face was so damn red that every1 i knew teased me for it
saying hmmz, not 18 yet right, why drink wine arh!!
my mum finished the rest of the 1/4 and then ordered another cup
abit lame right? haiz couldn't help it...
then she jolly well knew she couldn't drink too
i couldn't really drink anymore because every1 told me to stop
say i scmi liao, but then i am seriously not drunk
only face red until like dunno wad(i didn't have a mirror)
poor mum, she had to drink the whole cup and had
the same consequences like me, but then, nobody really cared
people just thought she put blusher...wth man
this wedding couple, are the types which i would call mushy
they kissed EVERYTIME they meet, wah siong man
maybe you would call it loving, but to me its mushy
it set me thinking, after all its a wedding dinner
i am 1 person who seriously think too much
i thought and i thought and i thought and i thought
and i was so occupied during the whole wedding that
i only noticed it was 11.30 when i reached yishun
i didn't notice the fatigue that was coming to on me
I THINK TOO MUCH

No comments: