Friday, May 28, 2010

Supposed to type this out last night. But totally lazy and tired.

So today I met this girl. This young little girl. Before anyone starts thinking too much, I'm going to say that I've never met this girl before and she's probably only 11 or 12.

But her actions were insipiring for someone her age. Makes me think. Twice, thrice, about myself.

And so, I met this girl on the MRT train today. She was sitting beside me. Held a green file. A very very neat file. "cells", "electricity", "sexual reproduction". Apparently its a science file for p5 or 6 syllabus. It was neatly arranged. Partitions, folders, content page, everything a good student's file would have.

So she was doing her homework furiously. With such intensity. Haha. With each page done she would flip the page over with some much excitement, satisfaction. And when she's all done within a couple of minutes, she files everything nicely back, keeps her stationary into a cute little pencilbox. And...

Starts to admire membership cards. Amazing. And they were membership cards of... Tuition centres. Right.

Totally flabbergasted. Probably gonna be in the news soon for some best student award or something.

Well personally, I've never done my homework on the train. Or the bus or cars for that matter. To me travelling alone is boring. And homework is even more boring. So I'll probably never have a learning attitude as good as hers.

And there's the neat file. She's probably taking her PSLE at the end of the year or next year and yet she's so well prepared. I'm taking my A'levels at the end of this year and I'm nowhere near the preparedness she has shown me. My file would probably never be as neat as hers and homework remains boring. So how insipiring is this young lady in showing me the truth. The true wake-up call that no one else was able to show me.

I'm guilty.

No comments: