Wednesday, April 07, 2010

We won NJC. We made history. We cleared the largest obstacle of our path so far.

And all of us are enjoying it. Even though its only the first game of the compeition.

I'm horribly guilty though. While everyone wanted us to believe. Really believe, that its possible for us to win. I didn't. I tried to. But I didn't, deep down I always thought we're just deluding ourselves. We're just creating an illusion, a facade to protect our fragile hearts.

But we did it.

I believed, ultimately, on the bus, when shaowei gave us some teamtalk. I honestly believed.

Though I think I still paid for not believing in the first place. Haha.

To begin with...
The air up there is nice. Fresh and everything when you jump. But there's just this tiny little problem. We, cannot, defy, gravity. So with a little help from the opponent's center(A key position in basketball), I met with the ground much faster than gravity were to pull me.

Landed on my freaking back. Hit the floor hard on the back of my head. Sure, he said sorry. Just wondering if he meant it. I'm just kind of glad I didn't suffer a concussion. Hahaha.

The most embrassing thing is. I couldn't get up. There's this momentary lag time that took me back to my senses. Whilst in it, no wonder how I tried to find my balance, I couldn't stand. Someone had to pull me up from behind. Till I got on my feet.

So people, be grateful you can stand.

Then in the last minute confusion of panic that all 10 men on the court has, my chin scraped the opponent's head. He fell to the floor and shouted at the referee, and I felt my chin bleeding. But there was no time to attend to it.

44-44

We all knew the importance of that last 10 seconds. Win it, or break it. And the ball's with us. Like every single drama, some star would rise to the occasion, throw the game winning shot from no man's land and score the basket.

But we're living in reality.

The buzzer sounded. The game is over.

44-44

And our very own YJ star was holding the ball. At the line, gearing up for his 3 free-throws that would determine the fate of not just the game, but most likely the whole course of the compeition.

45-44

46-44

47-44.

Miracles do happen.

No comments: