Monday, March 22, 2010

Okay, how many people nowadays are reading vigilantcitizen.com?

Came across it "accidentally". And realise its where all the crap about symbols and devils and lady gaga come from.

First off, I'll make this clear. I agree that the MVs of these artists do have some kind of meaning rather than just the visual effect of the video.

But to hell with the stupid theories that vigilantcitizen.com came up with. It really reflects what our GP tutors in YJ are trying to tell us. We take information in wholesale too easily. We totally believe it and didn't doubt it just because it seemingly quotes sources(which are almost impossible to relate to), has exact pictures of the scenes to prove his/her point, and a really convincing writing style.

We're supposed to be critical thinkers thanks to our singapore education. Whether is it SocialStudies or History in o levels, or our GP in a levels, they all have one clear point that we ought to have. The habit to have a based argument by stating the opposing view.

Luckily, or coincidentally, the recent GP lectures on wholesale information really put me in a sceptic viewpoint when reading the articles.

Go take a look at "hack heaven" by stephen glass. Its so real that I seriously believed it COMPLETELY the first time I read it. In fact, if no one told me its a piece of fiction, I would never have known. Never.

So ah ha, now that I see articles written by vigilantcitizen.com, they kind of twist everything to their way. True, I believed the first article that I saw on lady gaga's bad romance. But subsequence articles that I read on the same website leads me to thinking its all but a fiction.

After all, similar to hack heaven, the appeal factor is there, many people want to read such things. We do not have the ability to analyse things the way they did. Its interesting, captivating, and simply attracts too much attention.

Ask yourself, if you read the articles, did you think twice?

Some coincidental or already plotted happenings as stated in the website, is extrapolated by the author to express his/her point. All the way from mainstream view just to support the article. Since when does a prince that comes in the fairytale rapes the girl in the fairytale? Damn bloody suspicious.

No comments: