Saturday, September 21, 2013

Market Failure: Whose fault is it really?

Entering a market without demand is never a wise move. Yet I did it. Should I be surprised that supply was zero? After all, supply would not exist without demand right?

Whatever it is, or was, I've already entered the market, invested in the hardware, and while they could say I didn't lose anything since the hardware is still considered my asset, I know jolly well know that it is a sunk cost that I can never get back.

Will this market ever be alive? I'll never know, but since I already entered the market, and can't pull out in the short run, I guess the only rational thing to do is to try and minimize losses? Or perhaps, revive the market?

How do you revive a market that has no demand? Even though I'm probably, and hopefully the only supplier.

No comments: