Sunday, March 23, 2014

Silently, secretly wish that I'll never stop envying.

Envy may be one of the seven deadly sins, but at the same time, it represents a drive, a want.

Rather than fear how envy might one day drive me too ambitious for my own good, I worry more for the day that I stop envying. I stop seeking what I do not possess, silent in my resignation in my inability.

Oh how I wish that day never comes. No matter how bad the things are, its the simple human faith that we can make ourselves better, in one way or another that keeps us alive, keeps hope burning.

Which is why never underestimate envy. Today it might do nothing for you, tomorrow it might push you too far, but the day you let it go, is the day you stop living your life as a human being. But rather like a silent slave without a care in the world.

No comments: