Sunday, November 19, 2017

25

As per tradition, once a year, probably around the same day.

It's been a new and very different year. Many many life changes. If I were to reflect, I could see many things that I may have done better.

But I also see many things that I have done well, and give my thanks for.

This year, having just returned from overseas, I would like to state how much I love my country. Even from high up in the air, the country is unique. An island just like many in the ocean, yet so distinct from all others. Civilization so well thought out, nice and good-looking roads, street lamps, clear and well thought-out structural planning of land and space. It's really amazing.

I often fall back to how people my age, people from my generation look past all these way too quickly. It is as if they do not appreciate the effort, the thought that goes into putting all of this together. Well, all you had to do is to try to do it yourself before you would clearly understand how difficult all this is and how much effort all this would require.

I rarely travel, but whenever I do, I always felt like people should do it often. It is when you are away from the comforts of home that you realize those comforts do not come easy. Sure, I am a tourist in my own country sometimes, I am confused as to where I am in this urban jungle sometimes, but I am never lost.

Can't say the same about other countries.

It is thus amazing to me, how others could travel oh so often, yet fail to see the beauty that is right before them.

Perhaps it is true that the grass is always greener on the other side. But I guess we have to learn to appreciate the grass that is below our feet. Itchy with lots of creepy crawly they might have, it is not a sight one should take for granted. At least, not in an urban jungle.