Friday, November 15, 2013

The second intentions were known, I knew i didn't stand a chance winning the game of chess.

Reality hit quickly, and objectives were changed in a rush, painful moment. Stalemate was all I'm going for. That's what I thought. That's what I said. That's what, objectively speaking, could still be achieved and so I strive towards it.

But things turned sour fast. It started to become apparent to both players stalemate was at best a hopeful guess.

I refused to concede. Not just like that I told myself. I don't want to go down as just another person who lost at the hands of you, I wanted to take that bit of selfish pride down with me. Like how at the very least I would be remembered as someone who tried too hard, fell too fast, but still memorable.

Look at where that got it now? The state of the game is just as bad as before, lost all my weapons, my pieces, my pride.

Until perhaps I realise I actually have nothing more to lose.

No comments: